welcometothefuture

Thursday, February 09, 2006

peace place

peace place

Today would have been my Dad's birthday. If he were still alive, he would be 92. He forfeited his life to cancer in 1976.

Mother is 90. We shared memories today. It was too chilly for her to go out to the cemetary with the flowers we have purchased for his gravesite. So we will enjoy them here for a while and wait for a sunny day.

I was often clumping around, being somewhat noisy as a kid.
I thumped down the stairs from one "calamity" to the next.
Daddy affectionately called me Calamity Jane.

This morning I was living up to that name.
Before breakfast I must have dropped everything I touched.

Later in the day I told my niece I did not actually DROP the cereal box, since I never touched it. But I did CAUSE it to fall to the floor by bumping into the container adjacent to it!

We all had a good laugh about that.

As dear Bob Hope said... " Thanks for the memories. . ."

And may you find peace on your journey today.

No comments: